Hello RV Recipe & Farm Market Fans!
Both of these campfire recipes were provided by Kris at PineRidge RV Park & Farm Market. The Market is a very handy feature and benefit of staying at their RV Park! Check it out here – Pine Ridge Farm RV Park
So, without further ado…..onto the Market recipes!
- 1 cup flour (Vancouver Island Grain & Milling Flour sold at PineRidge Market)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ó teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 4 cups berries (2 cups PineRidge blueberries, and 2 cup PineRidge Marion blackberries)
- Mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a reusable container.
- Over the white-hot coals of a campfire (on the metal grate/cover), melt butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Pour melted butter into container with flour mixture, and stir until incorporated. Spread berries into an even layer on the bottom of the cast iron skillet, then sprinkle butter-flour mixture overtop. Cover with 2 sheets of tin foil, crimping around the edges to seal.
- Return skillet to grate over campfire and cook for 30-45 minutes, until the berries are cooked and bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
Serve immediately with ice cream, Greek yogurt or whipped cream.
- 1/2 pound country bread (Portofino bread sold at PineRidge Market), cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat grill to medium. Brush bread slices on both sides with 2 tablespoons oil. Grill until lightly charred on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut into large cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with tomatoes, cucumber, and basil. Drizzle with vinegar and remaining 1/4 cup oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, and serve.
There you have them. Simple outdoor cooking with simply scrumptious results!
The Pine Ridge Market is open –
7 Days a week May 9th, 2015 to June 27th, 2015 10 am to 6 pm.
7 Days a week June 28 to September 13th, 2015 9 am to 8 pm.
PineRidge Market hosts many summer events. Keep checking in here, to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun! Pine Ridge Farm Market