With camping season right around the corner, its never too early to plan your meals! This recipe for campfire foil packets is a simple and delicious way to cook a complete meal over a campfire. All you need is some chicken, vegetables, seasonings, and heavy-duty aluminum foil. The foil packets can be placed directly on the hot coals, so all you have to do is wait for the ingredients to cook through. The packets can be customized with your favourite vegetables and seasonings, making this a versatile recipe that can be adapted to your tastes. In just 15-20 minutes, you’ll have a hot and satisfying meal that’s perfect for camping or any outdoor adventure.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Preheat your campfire until you have a bed of hot coals.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the chicken, vegetables, and olive oil mixture evenly among the four sheets of aluminum foil.
- Fold the aluminum foil over the ingredients and seal the edges tightly to form packets.
- Place the packets on the hot coals and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Carefully open the packets (be cautious of the hot steam) and serve the contents hot.
You can also customize this recipe by using different vegetables or adding your own favourite seasonings. Enjoy!